I’ve always known about eyelash extensions for reading various beauty blogs. However, the decision to give them a try was made by reading about them in probably the most random place. Six weeks ago I got married and we honeymooned in Jamaica. After we booked our honeymoon, we found a closed Facebook group dedicated to the resort we would be staying at.
While reading over this group for hints and tricks for our honeymoon, I found a posting from a girl asking what type of mascara is best for the humidity. I was intrigued. I feel like I’ve used a ton of different mascaras but never really found what that I absolutely loved. To my surprise, at least a dozen ladies responded to the post saying to get eyelash extensions. I have naturally long eyelashes. However, they are straight as can be no matter what I do to them. After a little research on my own, I decided to give it a try.
I found a place close to my work that offered natural eyelash extensions that would last 4-6 weeks for $40. I set up an appointment 5 days before my wedding day. I figured if I did not like them, I had time to have them removed before the big day!
The process was easy…I removed my eye makeup, sat back and let the girl apply them. Within about 30 minutes, I was finished. They looked perfect…they had a great curl to them and looked like I had found the world’s best mascara.
Unfortunately, I did not take my own before and after pictures…which I really am wishing I did! I found this picture on Google (credit bellospa.com) and I feel like this really paints a picture of how you will look.
Let me list out the pros and cons for you.
- No need for mascara or really any eye make-up for that matter. I do my brows and a little mascara on the lower lashes and I am good to go for the day!
- They look natural. Most people noticed that something was different with my eyes, but just assumed that I had found an awesome mascara.
- Easy and painless to have put on as well as have removed.
- Filling them in every couple of weeks is pretty inexpensive and is a great way to extend the life of your lashes.
- No need to worry about mascara running while you are working out.
- They are more expensive than just buying a tube of mascara.
- They do require maintenance.
- I sometimes find myself with eye shadow in my lashes when I use it!
- If one falls out, you may find yourself looking a little goofy until you can get an appointment to get them filled. However, a drugstore lash glue can easily re-attach the lash until you get in for an appointment…this is assuming you can find the lash!
- If you have sensitive eyes, the glue may irritate them.
For me, the pros definitely outweigh the cons. The look is a complete confidence builder. My morning routine is much quicker and I always feel somewhat put together even if I’m not actually. For me, I’d take eyelash extensions over a mani/pedi any day!
My advise to anyone who wants to try eyelash extensions is to give it a go! You can always have them removed. Use Groupon to find a deal in your area and don’t hesitate to ask questions.