Yep, it can be done!
Fitness is important regardless of your budget. Whether you are a college student, just starting out or strapped for cash, fitness shouldn’t have to be one of the areas of your life you hold back on. Here are some ways you can get your fitness in without having to spend an arm and a leg.
- Use daily deal sites. Groupon, Google Offers, and Living Social frequently offer great discounts for gyms in your area. You may be able to get personal training sessions or classes (such as Yoga) at a fraction of the cost.
- Buy in bulk. Visit warehouse stores to buy protein bars, vitamins, water, etc in bulk. The more you buy, the more you’ll likely save.
- Look for coupons. Use the internet and the Sunday paper to find coupons on everything from apparel to healthy foods.
- Take advantage of free trials. Test out numerous gyms or classes before you decide to make any commitments.
- Check out the sale racks, visit outlets or stores like TJ Maxx for workout gear. Never pay full price.
- Use social media. Follow your favorite fitness and nutrition brands on Facebook and Twitter for awesome deals.
- Get together with your friends. Instead of hiring a personal trainer for just yourself, take advantage of small group training sessions and split the costs with friends.
- Go for a run. It doesn’t cost anything to enjoy the outdoors.