Happy Hump Day!
I don’t like to wish the week away, but this week I am more than ready for the weekend!
If you are anything like a majority of individuals, chances are you weekends are a lot more fun-filled than your weekdays. No school and/or no work makes weekends very enjoyable. As a result of letting loose on the weekends, you may find yourself indulging in treats that you would normally skip out on. Here are some tips for enjoying yourself on the weekends without having to worry about your pants feeling too snug come Monday morning.
- Try the one drink a day rule. Why? Alcohol is packed full of empty calories, plus alcohol increases your appetite. Not only will you be consuming calories, but you’ll be left feeling hungry and more likely to snack on unhealthy bar foods. Consider drinking a diet pop with a mixer.
- Check out the menus ahead of time. Know what you are going to order before you meet up with your friends for dinner. This can help to decrease your chances of splurging on the most unhealthy items on the menu.
- Eat healthy throughout the day when you know you are going to be going out for drinks with friends later. Be sure to include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet as well as whole grains and lean proteins.
- Never starve yourself in order to prepare for a night out. This will mess with your metabolism and cause you to eat more later.
- Offer to be the DD every once in awhile. A perfect excuse not to drink.
- Have a healthy snack before heading out to the bar. This can help prevent you from snacking on peanuts or appetizers.
- Make time for a workout session on the weekend. If you normally take weekends off from exercising, consider adding a weekend session in when your weekend plans include bar hopping with friends.
What’s your favorite alcoholic beverage?
My recent favorite is 3 Olives Cake Vodka with Sprite. I also love Peppermint Schnapps and hot chocolate…but feel it’s a little too Christmas-y to drink now!