I’ve been horrible at blogging ever since I made a career change. So, I’m taking my upcoming wedding and turning it into the opportunity to lead a healthier lifestyle — not that my lifestyle is particularly unhealthy, but I’d love to be consistently making healthy choices! I’m getting married in 365 days and just turned 30, so here’s to a healthier lifestyle! What better time than now to be in the best shape of my life?
How am I going to do this you might ask? My plan is not set-in-stone and is subject to change based on what is and what is not working for me! Here are some things I’m planning on sticking with and/or trying for the first time:
1. I love, love, love my FitBit. It is amazing how much that little thing can motivate me! I love challenging my future in-laws and my family to Weekend Warrior Challenges and the Work Week Hustle. It’s fun and motivating. My goal is to hit 100k steps per week. It may sound like a lot, but really it’s not hard. Getting off the bus a stop earlier and walking the rest of the way to work and taking a walk on my lunch break really help me to achieve this goal! It even helps to use the printer that is furthest from my desk at work. 🙂
2. Redeem Groupons that I’ve purchased for various fitness classes and have never used! Yep, I purchased a few Groupons in 2012 for yoga and barre classes and never used them. Surprisingly, they don’t expire until 2016. Needless to say, I’ll be attending yoga and barre two times a week for the next 6 weeks!
3. At-Home exercise. I own a couple of Tone It Up and Blogiates DVDs. These are perfect for toning up and building strength without having to belong to a gym. They are great for when you are looking to squeeze in a quick workout without having to drive to a gym or make it to a yoga class on time.
4. Fruits and Veggies. I am one who struggles to eat a lot of fruits and veggies, not sure why. I like them, they just don’t seem to make it into my meals before they go bad. I’ve made it a goal to go shopping for a weeks worth of product at time and eat it all before it goes bad. I’ve also really been enjoying adding kale and spinach to smoothies.
5. Smoothies and Protein Shakes. It took me the longest time to get recipes down to the point where I actually enjoy the smoothies and protein shakes I make, but I am finally getting the hang of it! I just ordered the Vega Protein Smoothie, which I am very excited to try. I did drink Shakeology for awhile, but I found overtime that I was getting a lot of headaches from it and it was just do expensive. I am hoping this will taste great and keep me full!
Questions for you!
1. What is your favorite brand of protein powder/meal replacement drink?
2. What is your favorite smoothie recipe?