If you are anything like me, there is a good chance that you love chocolate and peanut butter. Really though, who doesn’t love chocolate and peanut butter? Peanut butter and chocolate are a winning combination and even more of a winning combination when it’s good for you!
I am a huge fan of smoothies for breakfast. They are perfect to eat while I’m running on the door and if I don’t finish it by the bus pulls up (gotta love public transportation), I can take it with me. Sometimes, chocolate and peanut butter is the perfect start to a Monday morning. Here is one of my absolute favorite smoothie recipes. This protein-packed smoothie will keep you going until lunch time!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 tablespoon of natural peanut butter
- 6 oz. of Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of agave
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 large banana, peeled and frozen
Blend and enjoy!
Question for you:
What’s your favorite kind of smoothie?
Does anyone still read this? Probably not, but that’s okay. I’m back to blogging. Sometimes you just need a break, you know? Anyways I have officially made it my goal to build a blog that people will actually want to read and that is an excellent showcase of my freelance work. For my “first” new post, let’s talk about a delicious and healthy snack. For starters, I am thinking (with the exception of a food allergy) that we can’t be friends if you don’t enjoy this wonderful combo. I’m only kidding, but anyways I hope you peanut butter and chocolate lovers out there enjoy this is to make smoothie as much as I do.
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder/meal replacement powder. For my shake, I’ve been finishing off a bag of chocolate Shakeology. (which by the way may just be an entirely different post, any interest in hearing why I cancelled my Beachbody Coach account?)
- 2 tablespoons of PB2 (love, love, love this stuff!)
- 1/2 cup of almond milk.
- 1/2 cup of ice.
What you do:
- Toss all of your ingredients into a blender.
- Mix until smooth.
Hey Strangers! Life has been pretty busy. How have you all been?
Just popping in with a quick and cute recipe for Italian Meatloaf Cupcakes!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup of pasta sauce.
- 3/4 cup of Italian Bread Crumbs.
- 1 egg.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon minced onion.
- 1/2 a small green pepper.
- 1 lb of ground meat.
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. (the half a teaspoon of garlic powder and minced onions are estimates, use as much or as little as you’d like!)
- Use cooking spray to grease up a muffin pan.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until cooked.
- While waiting for your meatloaf cupcakes to cook, whip up a batch of mashed potatoes. (I opted to take the easy way out and use Betty Crocker instant potatoes in four cheddar).
- Use the potatoes as “icing” on your meatloaf cupcakes.
- Use small pieces of bacon as “sprinkles”.
A quick recipe for a cookout, dinner or any get together. This recipe is so simple. Whether you are a pro in the kitchen or struggle to turn the oven on, I guarantee you can make these!
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
Note: if you are in a pinch and don’t have fresh oregano or fresh Parmesan cheese, oregano seasoning or the cheese from a jar will work.
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Warning: You must have a major sweet tooth to enjoy this fudge, it’s insanely sweet!
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp Betty Crocker Supermoist white or yellow cake mix (or any brand white or yellow cake mix)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Spray 8×8 baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Mix together cake mix + powdered sugar in a large bowl. Add milk + butter (do not stir them in) and microwave for 2 minutes. Once done, immediately begin mixing everything together. The batter will be very thick. Fold in white chocolate + sprinkles. Stir gently. You do not want the sprinkles to leak their color too much!
- Spoon into prepared baking pan, making sure it is level and smooth at the top. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Cut into squares and enjoy
Yields 36 pieces.
Hope you are enjoying your Saturday! The month of July has been absolutely crazy for me…lots and lots of weekend trips. In fact, I just finished packing for another trip and am getting ready to leave. Does anyone else hate packing as much as I do?
While browsing Pinterest the other day, I found this recipe and modified it some since I don’t own a dehydrator. I had some cucumbers and was looking for something unique to do with them. You’ll have to forgive me, I actually finished the cucumber chips before taking a picture of them…oops they were good!
Cucumber chips probably sound interesting or possibly even gross. To me, they sounded weird! However, I had all the ingredients I needed and some time to kill on the day I tried them. I was pleasantly surprised. Especially, since I am not much of a cucumber person.
1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1. Since cucumber in extremely thin slices.
2. Mix salt and apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
3. Dip each cucumber slice in the mixture
4. Place on a cookie sheet and cook for 4 hours at 175 degrees.
I tried to find a similar picture online, but didn’t find anything that quite looked like mine…a lot of individuals are making BBQ cucumber chips…I’m intrigued. However, did you know Lays makes Cucumber chips at least in other countries? Interesting!
Photo credit: PlatKat.com
What’s the most unique chip flavor you have ever tried?
Baked Cheesy, Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
What you’ll need:
- Casserole dish
- 2 cups of pasta
- 1.5 cups of steamed broccoli
- 2 cooked, cut-up chicken breasts
- 1.5 cups of marinara sauce
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs
What you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your casserole dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place 2 cups of pasta (you will need to boil them so they are slightly firm) into your casserole dish.
- Add your broccoli and chicken (prior to starting, I cooked my chicken in small pieces in oil and pepper in a frying pan) to the dish and mix.
- Then add in marinara sauce, a cup of shredded cheese and a few table spoons of bread crumbs to the mix. Stir thoroughly.
- Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- With 10 minute remaining, top your dish with a cup of cheese and the remaining bread crumbs.
- Enjoy. (This dish also works great as leftovers, but you may need to add a little extra marinara sauce when you heat it up.)