I’ve always known about eyelash extensions for reading various beauty blogs. However, the decision to give them a try was made by reading about them in probably the most random place. Six weeks ago I got married and we honeymooned in Jamaica. After we booked our honeymoon, we found a closed Facebook group dedicated to the resort we would be staying at.
While reading over this group for hints and tricks for our honeymoon, I found a posting from a girl asking what type of mascara is best for the humidity. I was intrigued. I feel like I’ve used a ton of different mascaras but never really found what that I absolutely loved. To my surprise, at least a dozen ladies responded to the post saying to get eyelash extensions. I have naturally long eyelashes. However, they are straight as can be no matter what I do to them. After a little research on my own, I decided to give it a try.
I found a place close to my work that offered natural eyelash extensions that would last 4-6 weeks for $40. I set up an appointment 5 days before my wedding day. I figured if I did not like them, I had time to have them removed before the big day!
The process was easy…I removed my eye makeup, sat back and let the girl apply them. Within about 30 minutes, I was finished. They looked perfect…they had a great curl to them and looked like I had found the world’s best mascara.
Unfortunately, I did not take my own before and after pictures…which I really am wishing I did! I found this picture on Google (credit bellospa.com) and I feel like this really paints a picture of how you will look.
Let me list out the pros and cons for you.
- No need for mascara or really any eye make-up for that matter. I do my brows and a little mascara on the lower lashes and I am good to go for the day!
- They look natural. Most people noticed that something was different with my eyes, but just assumed that I had found an awesome mascara.
- Easy and painless to have put on as well as have removed.
- Filling them in every couple of weeks is pretty inexpensive and is a great way to extend the life of your lashes.
- No need to worry about mascara running while you are working out.
- They are more expensive than just buying a tube of mascara.
- They do require maintenance.
- I sometimes find myself with eye shadow in my lashes when I use it!
- If one falls out, you may find yourself looking a little goofy until you can get an appointment to get them filled. However, a drugstore lash glue can easily re-attach the lash until you get in for an appointment…this is assuming you can find the lash!
- If you have sensitive eyes, the glue may irritate them.
For me, the pros definitely outweigh the cons. The look is a complete confidence builder. My morning routine is much quicker and I always feel somewhat put together even if I’m not actually. For me, I’d take eyelash extensions over a mani/pedi any day!
My advise to anyone who wants to try eyelash extensions is to give it a go! You can always have them removed. Use Groupon to find a deal in your area and don’t hesitate to ask questions.
I’m not sure how big of Instagram fans you all are, but when I am just randomly browsing pictures I always come across a company known as Skinny Teatox. To be honest, I typically ignore the company because I am a firm believer in losing weight and getting in shape the old-fashioned way — regular exercise and a healthy, well-balanced diet. But, one day I came across a chocolate energy tea. I love tea, I love chocolate and really who couldn’t use a little more energy? I used a promo code and ordered my tea. I was intrigued! The tea ships internationally, so it takes awhile to receive.
What is Teatoxing?
Teatoxing is a 100% natural detox program that helps promote good health and weight loss.
Description of Chocolate Energy Tea
Our 100% natural premium Fat Free Chocolate Energy Tea.This DELICIOUS tea is the perfect tasty treat to enjoy during your teatox. It’s fat-free, totally indulgent and gives you more energy throughout the day!
- 28 Days worth of our Fat-Free Chocolate Energy Tea
Our Fat-Free Chocolate Energy Tea helps you:
- Increase energy
- Lose weight
- Ward off sweet-tooth cravings
- Suppress appetite
- The perfect healthy treat to indulge in during your teatox
All the ingredients in Skinny Teatox are 100% natural. Ingredients include: Black tea, yerba mate, chocolate and ginger. There are no chemicals or preservatives.
My initial thoughts? This packaging seemed a lot bigger on Instagram!
Let’s move on to the taste.I love chocolate and I love tea so this was the perfect treat for me. You can taste the tea with a nice hint of chocolate. This is going to be the perfect fall treat, which can help curve my urges to reach for candy! This is a fat-free tea.
Now for the other claims of this tea. I would definitely agree that it gave me more energy. This tea is a nice evening snack that helps to get me through my freelance work even after a long day of work. It’s an added bonus when I don’t reach for snacks while working!
I’m not sure about the weight loss claims. Honestly, I am not looking to lose weight. My current fitness goals are to tone up and eat healthier.
Do I recommend this tea? If you are willing to pay $18 and really enjoy tea and chocolate, I’d definitely give this tea a try. Upon reading reviews online, it seems as if many people have a variety of views on this tea so it is hard to tell if this tea will work for you or not!
Flapjacked Protein Pancakes. At 200 calories and 15-17 grams of protein, these pancakes are my go-to weekend breakfast (I’d eat them all week, but I am not that motivated to get up during the work week and make pancakes!). They have a great buttermilk taste and prevent a rumbling tummy until lunchtime. Best of all, they are super easy to make…just add water! *photo credit Flapjacked
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. I bought this product on a whim while I was waiting in line at the checkout in Sephora. Those goodies by the checkout kill me. I go in for one thing and come out with much more than I planned on. However, this purchase was definitely an amazing one! Despite that fact that it is hot and humid outside, my face is extremely dry. This product is bringing the moisture right back to my face. It’s light, not-greasy and in my opinion, does not really have a smell to it. I highly recommended it!
Popsugar Musthave Box. I haven’t received a box in about one year and I am super excited to announce that I am signed up and will be receiving a September Box. Popsugar is by far, in my opinion, one of the best subscription boxes out there. It’s a little pricey so I will be using it to treat myself from time to time. If you haven’t checked out, click here!
Hello everyone! Join me as I take a new angle with blogging. Follow me as I train for the city of Pittsburgh’s Marathon Relay. Also join me as I share my subscription addiction reviews with you. Enjoy a new layout and entirely new content as I train for what is hands down the biggest race I’ve run to date while still enjoying fashion and beauty products. Who says you can’t [try to] be athletic and still be super girly at the same time?
Happy Hump Day!
I don’t like to wish the week away, but this week I am more than ready for the weekend!
If you are anything like a majority of individuals, chances are you weekends are a lot more fun-filled than your weekdays. No school and/or no work makes weekends very enjoyable. As a result of letting loose on the weekends, you may find yourself indulging in treats that you would normally skip out on. Here are some tips for enjoying yourself on the weekends without having to worry about your pants feeling too snug come Monday morning.
- Try the one drink a day rule. Why? Alcohol is packed full of empty calories, plus alcohol increases your appetite. Not only will you be consuming calories, but you’ll be left feeling hungry and more likely to snack on unhealthy bar foods. Consider drinking a diet pop with a mixer.
- Check out the menus ahead of time. Know what you are going to order before you meet up with your friends for dinner. This can help to decrease your chances of splurging on the most unhealthy items on the menu.
- Eat healthy throughout the day when you know you are going to be going out for drinks with friends later. Be sure to include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet as well as whole grains and lean proteins.
- Never starve yourself in order to prepare for a night out. This will mess with your metabolism and cause you to eat more later.
- Offer to be the DD every once in awhile. A perfect excuse not to drink.
- Have a healthy snack before heading out to the bar. This can help prevent you from snacking on peanuts or appetizers.
- Make time for a workout session on the weekend. If you normally take weekends off from exercising, consider adding a weekend session in when your weekend plans include bar hopping with friends.
What’s your favorite alcoholic beverage?
My recent favorite is 3 Olives Cake Vodka with Sprite. I also love Peppermint Schnapps and hot chocolate…but feel it’s a little too Christmas-y to drink now!
Yep, it can be done!
Fitness is important regardless of your budget. Whether you are a college student, just starting out or strapped for cash, fitness shouldn’t have to be one of the areas of your life you hold back on. Here are some ways you can get your fitness in without having to spend an arm and a leg.
- Use daily deal sites. Groupon, Google Offers, and Living Social frequently offer great discounts for gyms in your area. You may be able to get personal training sessions or classes (such as Yoga) at a fraction of the cost.
- Buy in bulk. Visit warehouse stores to buy protein bars, vitamins, water, etc in bulk. The more you buy, the more you’ll likely save.
- Look for coupons. Use the internet and the Sunday paper to find coupons on everything from apparel to healthy foods.
- Take advantage of free trials. Test out numerous gyms or classes before you decide to make any commitments.
- Check out the sale racks, visit outlets or stores like TJ Maxx for workout gear. Never pay full price.
- Use social media. Follow your favorite fitness and nutrition brands on Facebook and Twitter for awesome deals.
- Get together with your friends. Instead of hiring a personal trainer for just yourself, take advantage of small group training sessions and split the costs with friends.
- Go for a run. It doesn’t cost anything to enjoy the outdoors.
In preparation for a long weekend at the beach in just a few short weeks…cannot wait for one last getaway before summer comes to a close! I love fall…boots, scarves and everything pumpkin….but I am not quite ready for it to be here just yet. Although I am very guilty on starting to stalk up on fall essentials….like plenty of boots! Hautelook anyone? I’ve gotten lots of cute boots, jackets, exercise clothes and make-up perfect for fall…a post to follow on that later.
Now, back to warmer weather. When you are heading to the beach, who doesn’t want to look their best? While doing a lot of reading, I’ve come across a number of foods to avoid for a great bikini-ready stomach. This is perfect since I just purchased two bathing suits yesterday for a total of $20….can’t beat that! Check out your local Macy’s! But anyways here are some foods to avoid before you get that one last week or long weekend in at the beach (I am really jealous of those of you who live in warmer climates!)
1. Salt. Salty potato chips or tortilla chips may seem like the go-to-beach snack. However, high levels of sodium can leave you feeling bloated. Skip the chips and dip next time you head to the beach.
2. Carbonated Beverages. If you are still drinking carbonated beverages (soda or pop whatever you’d like to call it), it’s about time you kick that nasty little habit to the curb or at least start to cut back. All those bubbles can leave you feeling and looking bloated. If you are like me and get sick of drinking plain old water, there are plenty of delicious and fruity flavored waters out there. You can add flavor without adding calories or carbonation!
3. Mixed drinks. Those sugary mixed drinks sure may taste great and be the perfect thing to sip on while relaxing on the beach or even at the pool. However, the fructose levels in these drinks can be very high and leave you feeling very bloated.
What’s the one food you avoid before heading to the beach?